Unity is a Windows program. Read below about how to remove it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall Unity from your PCUnity Technologies ApS
. Go over here
for more info on Unity Technologies ApS. You can see more info related to Unity at http://www.unity3d.com
. The program is frequently located in the C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor directory. Take into account that this location can differ depending on the user's choice. You can uninstall Unity by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is called Unity.exe and it has a size of 47.75 MB (50069792 bytes).
Unity contains of the executables below. They take 240.70 MB (252389672
bytes) on disk.
- Uninstall.exe (605.97 KB)
- Unity 4.x Pro Patch.exe (111.50 KB)
- Unity.exe (47.75 MB)
- plugin-container.exe (10.00 KB)
This info is about Unity version 5.0.02
only. Click on the links below for other Unity versions:
...click to view all...
Several files, folders and Windows registry data can not be uninstalled when you want to remove Unity from your computer.Folders left behind when you uninstall Unity:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unity 5.0.0p2 (64-bit)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\BugReporter\platforms\qwindows.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\BugReporter\qt.conf
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\BugReporter\Qt5core.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\BugReporter\Qt5gui.dll
Registry values that are not removed from your computer:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unity package file
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Unity scene file
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe.FriendlyAppName
Unity is an application released by the software company Unity Technologies ApS. Some computer users want to erase it. This is troublesome because removing this by hand requires some experience regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best QUICK practice to erase Unity is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase Unity from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Unity or simply click the Search feature and type in "Unity". If it exists on your system the Unity application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Unity in the list of applications, some information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding Unity, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Unity:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.unity3d.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Unity.
8. After removing Unity, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Unity that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Unity using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Unity by Unity Technologies ApS from your computer, nor are we saying that Unity by Unity Technologies ApS is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Unity in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2015-05-24 11:03:53.067