This page is about TrueCrypt for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is made by How to uninstall TrueCrypt from your computerYour Company
. You can read more on Your Company or check for application updates here
. More information about TrueCrypt can be seen at http://www.yourcompany.com
. The program is usually placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\TrueCrypt folder (same installation drive as Windows). TrueCrypt's entire uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\TrueCrypt\uninstall.exe. TrueCrypt.exe is the TrueCrypt's main executable file and it takes about 1.45 MB (1516496 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed along with TrueCrypt. They take about 4.26 MB (4469664
bytes) on disk.
- TrueCrypt Format.exe (1.54 MB)
- TrueCrypt.exe (1.45 MB)
- uninstall.exe (1.28 MB)
The current page applies to TrueCrypt version 1.0
TrueCrypt is a program offered by Your Company. Frequently, computer users want to remove this program. This is hard because performing this manually requires some know-how related to removing Windows programs manually. The best EASY practice to remove TrueCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete TrueCrypt from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate TrueCrypt or simply click the Search feature and type in "TrueCrypt". If it is installed on your PC the TrueCrypt application will be found automatically. Notice that after you click TrueCrypt in the list , the following data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding TrueCrypt, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for TrueCrypt:
- The software company is: http://www.yourcompany.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\TrueCrypt\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall TrueCrypt.
8. After removing TrueCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of TrueCrypt that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling TrueCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a recommendation to remove TrueCrypt by Your Company from your PC, we are not saying that TrueCrypt by Your Company is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove TrueCrypt in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-07-26 10:36:01.493