Steam is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is made by A guide to uninstall Steam from your PCValve Corporation
. Take a look here
for more info on Valve Corporation. More info about the program Steam can be found at http://www.steampowered.com/
. Steam is typically installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam directory, depending on the user's choice. You can remove Steam by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\uninstall.exe. Note that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. Steam.exe is the programs's main file and it takes close to 2.78 MB (2917456 bytes) on disk.
Steam contains of the executables below. They occupy 18.76 MB (19673976
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- GameOverlayUI.exe (374.08 KB)
- Steam.exe (2.78 MB)
- steamerrorreporter.exe (499.58 KB)
- steamerrorreporter64.exe (554.08 KB)
- streaming_client.exe (2.31 MB)
- uninstall.exe (201.10 KB)
- WriteMiniDump.exe (277.79 KB)
- html5app_steam.exe (1.79 MB)
- steamservice.exe (1.45 MB)
- steamwebhelper.exe (1.97 MB)
- wow_helper.exe (65.50 KB)
- x64launcher.exe (383.58 KB)
- x86launcher.exe (373.58 KB)
- appid_10540.exe (189.24 KB)
- appid_10560.exe (189.24 KB)
- appid_17300.exe (233.24 KB)
- appid_17330.exe (489.24 KB)
- appid_17340.exe (221.24 KB)
- appid_6520.exe (2.26 MB)
For other Steam versions please click below:
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Some of these are shown below.Folders remaining:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall Steam:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Counter-Strike 1.6 LH 2013\platform\Steam
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Counter-Strike 1.6 LH 2013\steam
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Counter-Strike 1.6 LH 2013\Steam_2017_01_19__23_50_44_078.mdmp
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Counter-Strike 1.6 LH 2013\Steam_2017_01_19__23_57_03_468.mdmp
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Steam\htmlcache\Visited Links
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Counter-Strike 1.6 LH 2013\Steam_2017_01_10__20_16_14_344.mdmp
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games\Steam Half-life 2 Deathmatch™.lnk
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\eventlog\Application\Steam Client Service
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Steam Client Service
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Steam Client Service\Description
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Steam Client Service\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Steam Client Service\ImagePath
Steam is a program released by Valve Corporation. Some people want to uninstall it. Sometimes this can be efortful because doing this by hand takes some skill related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best SIMPLE approach to uninstall Steam is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall Steam with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Steam or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Steam". If it is installed on your PC the Steam app will be found automatically. Notice that after you click Steam in the list of applications, some data about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about Steam, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Steam:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.steampowered.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Steam.
8. After removing Steam, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Steam that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Steam using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Steam by Valve Corporation from your PC, we are not saying that Steam by Valve Corporation is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Steam in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 22:00:44.440