This web page contains complete information on how to uninstall Skype for Windows. The Windows release was developed by How to uninstall Skype from your PCYour Company
. More information on Your Company can be found here
. You can get more details on Skype at http://www.yourcompany.com
. The program is usually found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove Skype by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for administrator rights. Skype.exe is the Skype's main executable file and it takes around 16.94 MB (17762440 bytes) on disk.
Skype contains of the executables below. They take 18.22 MB (19104904
bytes) on disk.
- Skype.exe (16.94 MB)
- uninstall.exe (1.28 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.0
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Part_A few of these are shown below.Folders left behind when you uninstall Skype:
The files below were left behind on your disk by Skype when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone
Frequently the following registry keys will not be cleaned:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\lua5.1.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\uninstall.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Uninstall\IRIMG1.JPG
Additional values that are not removed:
Skype is an application released by the software company Your Company. Sometimes, people decide to uninstall this application. This can be difficult because removing this by hand takes some knowledge related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE action to uninstall Skype is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase Skype with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Skype or simply click the Search feature and type in "Skype". If it is installed on your PC the Skype application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click Skype in the list of applications, the following information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Skype, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Skype:
- The publisher is: http://www.yourcompany.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Skype.
8. After uninstalling Skype, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Skype that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing Skype using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Skype by Your Company from your PC, nor are we saying that Skype by Your Company is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall Skype supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2017-02-09 11:35:34.980