You can find below detailed information on how to uninstall Remote Desktop for Windows. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall Remote Desktop from your computerDelivered by Citrix
. More information about Delivered by Citrix can be seen here
. The program is often found in the C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\SelfServicePlugin directory. Keep in mind that this path can vary being determined by the user's decision. You can uninstall Remote Desktop by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program. Note that you might get a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file occupies 4.58 MB (4797744 bytes) on disk and is titled SelfService.exe.
The following executables are incorporated in Remote Desktop. They take 5.12 MB (5369536
bytes) on disk.
- CleanUp.exe (308.30 KB)
- SelfService.exe (4.58 MB)
- SelfServicePlugin.exe (131.80 KB)
- SelfServiceUninstaller.exe (118.30 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.0
of Remote Desktop.
If you are manually uninstalling Remote Desktop we recommend you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders left behind when you uninstall Remote Desktop:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Remote Desktop
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Applications\_crx_efmjfjelnicpmdcmfikempdhlmainjcb\Chrome Remote Desktop.ico
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\ImplicitAppShortcuts\4dc787a6350dc47a\Chrome Remote Desktop.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Chrome Apps\Chrome Remote Desktop.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Remote Desktop\Remote Desktop.lnk
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following values:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\myportalst-76d8621b@@Novant Prod Site.Remote Desktop
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\Remote Desktop
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Google\Chrome Remote Desktop
Remote Desktop is a program released by Delivered by Citrix. Sometimes, computer users want to erase this program. Sometimes this is efortful because removing this by hand takes some knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. The best QUICK practice to erase Remote Desktop is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall Remote Desktop with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Remote Desktop or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Remote Desktop". If it is installed on your PC the Remote Desktop program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Remote Desktop in the list of programs, some data regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding Remote Desktop, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Remote Desktop.
8. After removing Remote Desktop, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Remote Desktop which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Remote Desktop using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Remote Desktop by Delivered by Citrix from your computer, nor are we saying that Remote Desktop by Delivered by Citrix is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Remote Desktop supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-08-21 15:49:42.000