PCMag is a Windows application. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows release was developed by A way to uninstall PCMag from your systemPCMag
. Check out here
for more information on PCMag. PCMag is commonly set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application directory, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's option while installing the application. You can uninstall PCMag by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file is called msedge_proxy.exe and it has a size of 745.38 KB (763264 bytes).
PCMag is composed of the following executables which take 17.96 MB (18827800
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- msedge.exe (2.77 MB)
- msedge_proxy.exe (745.38 KB)
- pwahelper.exe (777.88 KB)
- cookie_exporter.exe (96.89 KB)
- elevation_service.exe (1.51 MB)
- identity_helper.exe (791.39 KB)
- msedgewebview2.exe (2.34 MB)
- notification_helper.exe (972.89 KB)
- ie_to_edge_stub.exe (442.89 KB)
- setup.exe (3.34 MB)
The current page applies to PCMag version 1.0
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Some of these are shown below.Folders found on disk after you uninstall PCMag from your computer:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall PCMag:
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserName Data\Default\IndexedDB\https_www.pcmag.com_0.indexeddb.leveldb
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserName Data\Default\IndexedDB\https_www.pcmag.com_0.indexeddb.leveldb\000004.log
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserName Data\Default\IndexedDB\https_www.pcmag.com_0.indexeddb.leveldb\000005.ldb
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserName Data\Default\IndexedDB\https_www.pcmag.com_0.indexeddb.leveldb\CURRENT
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserName Data\Default\IndexedDB\https_www.pcmag.com_0.indexeddb.leveldb\LOCK
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserName Data\Default\IndexedDB\https_www.pcmag.com_0.indexeddb.leveldb\LOG
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserName Data\Default\IndexedDB\https_www.pcmag.com_0.indexeddb.leveldb\MANIFEST-000001
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\UserName Data\Default\Web Applications\_crx__agjhjefbccplddeemkegcaiphmpokmkm\PCMag.ico
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\PCMag.lnk
PCMag is a program by PCMag. Some users want to remove this application. This is hard because doing this by hand requires some experience regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best SIMPLE manner to remove PCMag is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase PCMag from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate PCMag or simply click the Search feature and type in "PCMag". The PCMag application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click PCMag in the list of programs, some data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding PCMag, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove PCMag.
8. After uninstalling PCMag, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong PCMag that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling PCMag using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
This page is not a piece of advice to remove PCMag by PCMag from your PC, we are not saying that PCMag by PCMag is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove PCMag in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2020-08-26 00:08:15.050