This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall OpenAL for Windows. The program is usually placed in the C:\Program Files\OpenAL directory. Keep in mind that this location can differ depending on the user's preference. The application's main executable file is titled openalweax.exe and its approximative size is 748.00 KB (765952 bytes). How to uninstall OpenAL from your system
OpenAL installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 748.00 KB (765952
bytes) on disk.
- openalweax.exe (748.00 KB)
If you are manually uninstalling OpenAL we advise you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories left on disk:
The files below were left behind on your disk by OpenAL's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenAL
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Driver Booster\8.3.0\Icons\Apps\openal.png
- C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenAL\oalinst.exe
Additional values that you should delete:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-3889099766-905031371-302579696-1000\\Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files (x86)\OpenAL\oalinst.exe
Frequently, users want to remove this application. This can be troublesome because removing this manually takes some experience regarding PCs. The best SIMPLE way to remove OpenAL is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase OpenAL using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find OpenAL or simply activate the Search feature and type in "OpenAL". If it is installed on your PC the OpenAL program will be found very quickly. After you click OpenAL in the list of apps, some data about the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about OpenAL, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove OpenAL.
8. After uninstalling OpenAL, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong OpenAL which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing OpenAL with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
Last update on: 2015-01-16 14:05:35.130