Norton Security Scan
Norton Security Scan is a software application. This page holds details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is developed by A way to uninstall Norton Security Scan from your PCSymantec Corporation
. More information on Symantec Corporation can be seen here
. More information about Norton Security Scan can be found at http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/
. The program is frequently found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Security Scan directory (same installation drive as Windows). The entire uninstall command line for Norton Security Scan is C:\PROGRA~2\NORTON~2\Engine\311~1.6\InstWrap.exe. The program's main executable file is labeled Nss.exe and occupies 630.97 KB (646112 bytes).
The following executables are incorporated in Norton Security Scan. They take 1.61 MB (1683688
bytes) on disk.
- InstWrap.exe (169.43 KB)
- Nss.exe (630.97 KB)
- symbos.exe (242.97 KB)
- SymCCISE.exe (264.93 KB)
- SymInstallStub.exe (335.93 KB)
The current web page applies to Norton Security Scan version 18.104.22.168
alone. Click on the links below for other Norton Security Scan versions:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are regularly left behind when you uninstall Norton Security Scan.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Norton Security Scan from your PC:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Norton Security Scan's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Norton Security Scan
- C:\Program Files\Norton Security Scan
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Norton Security Scan\Norton Security Scan.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Norton Security Scan\Uninstall Norton Security Scan.lnk
- C:\Program Files\Norton Security Scan\Engine\22.214.171.124\BilBDRes.dll
- C:\Program Files\Norton Security Scan\Engine\126.96.36.199\ccL100U.dll
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Symantec\Norton Security Scan
Norton Security Scan is a program marketed by Symantec Corporation. Some computer users want to erase this application. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because doing this manually takes some know-how related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY practice to erase Norton Security Scan is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Norton Security Scan from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system utility.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Norton Security Scan or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Norton Security Scan". If it exists on your system the Norton Security Scan program will be found very quickly. After you click Norton Security Scan in the list of programs, some data about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about Norton Security Scan, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Norton Security Scan:
- The software company is: http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/
- The uninstall string is: C:\PROGRA~2\NORTON~2\Engine\311~1.6\InstWrap.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Norton Security Scan.
8. After removing Norton Security Scan, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Norton Security Scan that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Norton Security Scan using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Norton Security Scan by Symantec Corporation from your PC, nor are we saying that Norton Security Scan by Symantec Corporation is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Norton Security Scan supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-09-19 17:23:58.317