Maltego is a Windows program. Read more about how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall Maltego from your PCPaterva
. Go over here
for more info on Paterva. Please follow http://www.paterva.com
if you want to read more on Maltego on Paterva's web page. Maltego is usually set up in the C:\Program Files\Paterva\Maltego directory, subject to the user's decision. The full command line for uninstalling Maltego is C:\Program Files\Paterva\Maltego\uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for admin rights. Maltego's main file takes about 466.50 KB (477696 bytes) and its name is maltego.exe.
Maltego contains of the executables below. They occupy 1.22 MB (1278416
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (427.95 KB)
- maltego.exe (466.50 KB)
- nbexec.exe (148.50 KB)
- nbexec64.exe (205.50 KB)
The current web page applies to Maltego version 4
If you are manually uninstalling Maltego we recommend you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.The files below remain on your disk by Maltego's application uninstaller when you removed it:
Many times the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Maltego 3 Graph
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Maltego Entities
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Maltego Graph
Maltego is a program offered by Paterva. Some computer users decide to remove this program. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because deleting this by hand requires some skill related to PCs. The best SIMPLE solution to remove Maltego is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove Maltego from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Maltego or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Maltego". The Maltego program will be found automatically. Notice that after you click Maltego in the list of programs, some information about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about Maltego, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Maltego:
- The publisher is: http://www.paterva.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Paterva\Maltego\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Maltego.
8. After uninstalling Maltego, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Maltego which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Maltego using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Maltego by Paterva from your PC, nor are we saying that Maltego by Paterva is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Maltego in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2017-10-20 16:35:14.340