This web page contains detailed information on how to remove Kodi for Windows. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall Kodi from your systemXBMC-Foundation
. More information about XBMC-Foundation can be seen here
. More information about the application Kodi can be seen at http://kodi.tv
. Kodi is typically installed in the C:\Program Files\Kodi directory, but this location may differ a lot depending on the user's decision when installing the program. The full uninstall command line for Kodi is C:\Program Files\Kodi\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file is called Kodi.exe and its approximative size is 19.19 MB (20121600 bytes).
Kodi installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 19.98 MB (20951448
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- Kodi.exe (19.19 MB)
- Uninstall.exe (216.40 KB)
- wininst-6.0.exe (60.00 KB)
- wininst-7.1.exe (64.00 KB)
- wininst-8.0.exe (60.00 KB)
- wininst-9.0-amd64.exe (218.50 KB)
- wininst-9.0.exe (191.50 KB)
For other Kodi versions please click below:
...click to view all...
When planning to uninstall Kodi you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Kodi:
Registry that is not removed:
Supplementary registry values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\kodi.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\kodi.exe.FriendlyAppName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-158796779-789826825-1866254389-1001\\Device\HarddiskVolume3\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\kodi.exe
Kodi is a program released by the software company XBMC-Foundation. Some computer users choose to erase this program. This is difficult because uninstalling this by hand takes some experience regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best SIMPLE practice to erase Kodi is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase Kodi from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Kodi or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Kodi". If it exists on your system the Kodi app will be found automatically. When you click Kodi in the list , the following information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Kodi, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Kodi:
- The web site of the program is: http://kodi.tv
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Kodi\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Kodi.
8. After uninstalling Kodi, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Kodi that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Kodi using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Kodi by XBMC-Foundation from your computer, we are not saying that Kodi by XBMC-Foundation is not a good application. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove Kodi supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-16 11:54:53.883