HP ProtectTools Security Manager
You can find below details on how to remove HP ProtectTools Security Manager for Windows. It is written by A guide to uninstall HP ProtectTools Security Manager from your PCHewlett-Packard
. You can read more on Hewlett-Packard or check for application updates here
. Usually the HP ProtectTools Security Manager program is installed in the C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager directory, depending on the user's option during setup. The full command line for removing HP ProtectTools Security Manager is C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\setup.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for admin rights. DpAgent.exe is the HP ProtectTools Security Manager's main executable file and it occupies about 376.29 KB (385320 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of HP ProtectTools Security Manager. They occupy about 1.80 MB (1886848
bytes) on disk.
- DpAgent.exe (376.29 KB)
- DpHostW.exe (451.26 KB)
- Setup.exe (1,015.08 KB)
This data is about HP ProtectTools Security Manager version 5.07.711
alone. You can find here a few links to other HP ProtectTools Security Manager releases:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall HP ProtectTools Security Manager.Folders found on disk after you uninstall HP ProtectTools Security Manager from your PC:
Generally, the following files remain on disk:
- C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager
Registry that is not uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\Coruscant\customization_per.xml
- C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\Coruscant\customization_pro.xml
- C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\Coruscant\labelnames.dpl
- C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\cs\DPActivationOS.dll.mui
Open regedit.exe to delete the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\DigitalPersona\Products\HP ProtectTools Security Manager
HP ProtectTools Security Manager is an application by the software company Hewlett-Packard. Frequently, computer users try to erase it. This is efortful because performing this by hand requires some experience regarding Windows internal functioning. The best EASY approach to erase HP ProtectTools Security Manager is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete HP ProtectTools Security Manager from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find HP ProtectTools Security Manager or simply click the Search feature and type in "HP ProtectTools Security Manager". If it exists on your system the HP ProtectTools Security Manager app will be found automatically. When you click HP ProtectTools Security Manager in the list of programs, some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding HP ProtectTools Security Manager, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove HP ProtectTools Security Manager.
8. After uninstalling HP ProtectTools Security Manager, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong HP ProtectTools Security Manager that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling HP ProtectTools Security Manager using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove HP ProtectTools Security Manager by Hewlett-Packard from your computer, nor are we saying that HP ProtectTools Security Manager by Hewlett-Packard is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove HP ProtectTools Security Manager in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-07-03 06:18:45.597