Dropbox is a Windows application. Read below about how to remove it from your computer. It is made by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your systemDropbox
. Additional info about Dropbox can be found here
. The application is often located in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Host App Service\Engine directory (same installation drive as Windows). Dropbox's full uninstall command line is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Host App Service\Engine\HostAppService.exe. The application's main executable file is called WebAppHelper.exe and it has a size of 4.33 MB (4537248 bytes).
The following executables are contained in Dropbox. They take 21.53 MB (22576752
bytes) on disk.
- HostAppService.exe (7.34 MB)
- HostAppServiceInterface.exe (2.27 MB)
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe (7.60 MB)
- WebAppHelper.exe (4.33 MB)
The current page applies to Dropbox version 1.0.3
alone. You can find below info on other versions of Dropbox:
Dropbox is an application released by the software company Dropbox. Frequently, people want to remove this program. This is efortful because performing this by hand takes some know-how regarding PCs. The best QUICK practice to remove Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall Dropbox from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Dropbox or simply activate the Search field and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox application will be found very quickly. After you select Dropbox in the list of apps, some information about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Dropbox by Dropbox from your computer, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Dropbox supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-23 19:13:31.863