This web page contains complete information on how to uninstall Dropbox for Windows. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall Dropbox from your computerDropbox, Inc.
. You can read more on Dropbox, Inc. or check for application updates here
. Please follow http://www.dropbox.com
if you want to read more on Dropbox on Dropbox, Inc.'s page. Dropbox is normally set up in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin folder, however this location may differ a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. You can remove Dropbox by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe. Note that you might get a notification for admin rights. Dropbox's primary file takes about 26.70 MB (27995640 bytes) and its name is Dropbox.exe.
The following executable files are incorporated in Dropbox. They take 27.79 MB (29144048
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (26.70 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (223.91 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (897.58 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2.2.8
of Dropbox. For more Dropbox versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Dropbox is a program offered by the software company Dropbox, Inc.. Frequently, users choose to uninstall this application. Sometimes this is easier said than done because doing this by hand requires some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best EASY practice to uninstall Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Dropbox from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Dropbox or simply click the Search feature and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select Dropbox in the list of applications, some data about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about Dropbox, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Dropbox.
8. After uninstalling Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Dropbox that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Dropbox in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-10-04 22:27:53.550