This page contains detailed information on how to remove Dropbox for Windows. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall Dropbox from your computerDropbox, Inc.
. You can read more on Dropbox, Inc. or check for application updates here
. Further information about Dropbox can be seen at http://www.dropbox.com
. Dropbox is usually set up in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin directory, depending on the user's choice. The full command line for removing Dropbox is "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe". Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. Dropbox's main file takes about 40.66 MB (42631336 bytes) and its name is Dropbox.exe.
The executables below are part of Dropbox. They occupy about 41.15 MB (43154008
bytes) on disk.
- Dropbox.exe (40.66 MB)
- DropboxUninstaller.exe (259.47 KB)
- DropboxUpdateHelper.exe (250.95 KB)
This data is about Dropbox version 3.1.279
alone. You can find below info on other application versions of Dropbox:
...click to view all...
Dropbox is an application marketed by Dropbox, Inc.. Some people choose to remove it. Sometimes this is hard because uninstalling this manually takes some knowledge related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE manner to remove Dropbox is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete Dropbox from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Dropbox or simply activate the Search field and type in "Dropbox". The Dropbox application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Dropbox in the list of apps, some data about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about Dropbox, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Dropbox:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.dropbox.com
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\DropboxUninstaller.exe"
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Dropbox.
8. After removing Dropbox, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Dropbox that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing Dropbox using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that Dropbox by Dropbox, Inc. is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall Dropbox in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2015-01-24 21:37:13.517