This web page contains detailed information on how to remove DivX Codec for Windows. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall DivX Codec from your systemDivX, Inc.
. Go over here
where you can find out more on DivX, Inc.. The program is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Codec directory (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for uninstalling DivX Codec is C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivXCodecUninstall.exe /CODEC. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file has a size of 333.50 KB (341504 bytes) on disk and is named DivX EKG.exe.
The following executables are installed alongside DivX Codec. They occupy about 401.50 KB (411136
bytes) on disk.
- config.exe (68.00 KB)
- DivX EKG.exe (333.50 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 6.8.4
of DivX Codec. Click on the links below for other DivX Codec versions:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Part_A few of these are shown below.Folders found on disk after you uninstall DivX Codec from your computer:
Usually, the following files remain on disk:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\DivX\DivX Codec
- C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Codec\DivX EKG.exe
DivX Codec is an application marketed by DivX, Inc.. Frequently, computer users decide to uninstall this program. This is troublesome because performing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. The best EASY manner to uninstall DivX Codec is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to remove DivX Codec using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find DivX Codec or simply click the Search field and type in "DivX Codec". If it is installed on your PC the DivX Codec app will be found automatically. Notice that after you select DivX Codec in the list of applications, the following information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding DivX Codec, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall DivX Codec.
8. After uninstalling DivX Codec, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of DivX Codec which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing DivX Codec using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove DivX Codec by DivX, Inc. from your computer, we are not saying that DivX Codec by DivX, Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove DivX Codec in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-26 14:41:31.440