This web page contains thorough information on how to uninstall Descent for Windows. It is produced by How to uninstall Descent from your computerGOG.com
. Additional info about GOG.com can be found here
. Please open http://www.gog.com
if you want to read more on Descent on GOG.com's page. The application is often found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Descent directory. Keep in mind that this path can differ depending on the user's preference. You can uninstall Descent by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Descent\unins000.exe. Note that you might receive a notification for admin rights. DESCENTR.EXE is the programs's main file and it takes about 1.08 MB (1132633 bytes) on disk.
Descent contains of the executables below. They occupy 9.16 MB (9602452
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- DESCENTR.EXE (1.08 MB)
- PCXVIEW.EXE (12.03 KB)
- SETUP.EXE (388.11 KB)
- unins000.exe (1.28 MB)
- DOSBox.exe (3.55 MB)
- GOGDOSConfig.exe (2.85 MB)
The current page applies to Descent version 1.4
Descent is a program by GOG.com. Some people want to uninstall this program. This is easier said than done because doing this manually requires some skill related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK solution to uninstall Descent is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall Descent from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Descent or simply activate the Search field and type in "Descent". If it is installed on your PC the Descent application will be found very quickly. After you select Descent in the list of applications, some information about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about Descent, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Descent:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.gog.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Descent\unins000.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Descent.
8. After removing Descent, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Descent that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Descent with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall Descent by GOG.com from your computer, we are not saying that Descent by GOG.com is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Descent supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2019-03-03 08:26:02.613