This page contains thorough information on how to remove CollectIT Service for Windows. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall CollectIT Service from your PCSoftWatch
. You can read more on SoftWatch or check for application updates here
. Click on http://www.softwatch.com/
to get more facts about CollectIT Service on SoftWatch's website. CollectIT Service is usually installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\OptimizeIT\CollectIT Service folder, however this location may differ a lot depending on the user's decision when installing the application. CollectIT Service's entire uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\OptimizeIT\CollectIT Service\uninst.exe. CollectIT.exe is the CollectIT Service's primary executable file and it takes circa 137.50 KB (140800 bytes) on disk.
CollectIT Service installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 399.27 KB (408849
bytes) on disk.
- CollectIT.exe (137.50 KB)
- CollectITService.exe (108.50 KB)
- ServiceHost.exe (63.00 KB)
- uninst.exe (90.27 KB)
This page is about CollectIT Service version 184.108.40.206
only. For other CollectIT Service versions please click below:
...click to view all...
CollectIT Service has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall CollectIT Service:
The files below remain on your disk by CollectIT Service when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\OptimizeIT\CollectIT Service
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\OptimizeIT\CollectIT Service\CollectIT.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\OptimizeIT\CollectIT Service\CollectITService.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\OptimizeIT\CollectIT Service\ConfigHandler.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\OptimizeIT\CollectIT Service\GlobalCbtHook.dll
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CollectIT Service
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CollectIT Service\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CollectIT Service\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CollectIT Service\InstallLocation
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CollectIT Service\UninstallString
CollectIT Service is an application released by the software company SoftWatch. Some users decide to erase this application. Sometimes this is difficult because doing this manually takes some advanced knowledge regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY practice to erase CollectIT Service is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase CollectIT Service from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate CollectIT Service or simply click the Search feature and type in "CollectIT Service". The CollectIT Service program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select CollectIT Service in the list of applications, the following information about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about CollectIT Service, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for CollectIT Service:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.softwatch.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\OptimizeIT\CollectIT Service\uninst.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall CollectIT Service.
8. After removing CollectIT Service, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of CollectIT Service which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing CollectIT Service using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall CollectIT Service by SoftWatch from your PC, we are not saying that CollectIT Service by SoftWatch is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall CollectIT Service supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-22 13:12:56.127