This page is about CHIP Updater for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall CHIP Updater from your computerAbelssoft
. Further information on Abelssoft can be found here
. More details about the application CHIP Updater can be found at http://www.abelssoft.de
. The application is frequently found in the C:\Program Files\CHIP Updater folder (same installation drive as Windows). C:\Program Files\CHIP Updater\unins000.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall CHIP Updater. CHIP Updater's primary file takes about 2.32 MB (2434312 bytes) and its name is CHIPUpdater.exe.
The following executables are contained in CHIP Updater. They occupy 3.51 MB (3684680
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- AbFlexTransEditor.exe (268.26 KB)
- CHIPUpdater.exe (2.32 MB)
- closeapp.exe (227.00 KB)
- RemoveService.exe (12.76 KB)
- StartTaskScheduler.exe (9.00 KB)
- unins000.exe (704.05 KB)
This info is about CHIP Updater version 2.44
only. You can find below info on other application versions of CHIP Updater:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are regularly left behind when you remove CHIP Updater.Folders remaining:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\CHIP Updater
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\CHIP Updater
- C:\Program Files (x86)\CHIP Updater\AbApi.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\CHIP Updater\AbCommons.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\CHIP Updater\AbDefaults.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\CHIP Updater\AbFlexTransEditor.exe
Additional values that are not removed:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CHIP Updater_is1
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\CHIP Updater\CHIPUpdater.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CHIP Updater_is1\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CHIP Updater_is1\Inno Setup: App Path
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\CHIP Updater_is1\InstallLocation
CHIP Updater is a program marketed by the software company Abelssoft. Sometimes, users decide to uninstall this application. Sometimes this is easier said than done because performing this by hand takes some skill related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK solution to uninstall CHIP Updater is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to delete CHIP Updater using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate CHIP Updater or simply click the Search feature and type in "CHIP Updater". The CHIP Updater program will be found automatically. After you select CHIP Updater in the list , some information about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about CHIP Updater, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for CHIP Updater:
- The publisher is: http://www.abelssoft.de
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\CHIP Updater\unins000.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall CHIP Updater.
8. After removing CHIP Updater, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of CHIP Updater that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling CHIP Updater using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove CHIP Updater by Abelssoft from your computer, we are not saying that CHIP Updater by Abelssoft is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove CHIP Updater supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 11:38:26.217