This info is about BitTorrent 6.0 for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is made by A guide to uninstall BitTorrent 6.0 from your systemBitTorrent, Inc
. Open here
for more information on BitTorrent, Inc. Further information about BitTorrent 6.0 can be found at http://www.bittorrent.com
. BitTorrent 6.0 is normally installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent directory, subject to the user's choice. The full command line for removing BitTorrent 6.0 is C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\uninst.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for admin rights. The application's main executable file is named bittorrent.exe and occupies 574.30 KB (588080 bytes).
BitTorrent 6.0 installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 658.27 KB (674073
bytes) on disk.
- bittorrent.exe (574.30 KB)
- uninst.exe (83.98 KB)
The current web page applies to BitTorrent 6.0 version 6.0
When planning to uninstall BitTorrent 6.0 you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall BitTorrent 6.0:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove BitTorrent 6.0:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\BitTorrent
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\BitTorrent DNA
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\BitTorrentIE.2.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\uninst.exe
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\BitTorrent\BitTorrent.lnk
Additional registry values that you should delete:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\application/x-bittorrent
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe.FriendlyAppName
BitTorrent 6.0 is a program offered by BitTorrent, Inc. Frequently, people choose to uninstall it. Sometimes this is difficult because uninstalling this by hand requires some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY procedure to uninstall BitTorrent 6.0 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove BitTorrent 6.0 from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to clean your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find BitTorrent 6.0 or simply activate the Search feature and type in "BitTorrent 6.0". If it exists on your system the BitTorrent 6.0 app will be found automatically. Notice that after you select BitTorrent 6.0 in the list of apps, some information about the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about BitTorrent 6.0, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for BitTorrent 6.0:
- The publisher is: http://www.bittorrent.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTorrent\uninst.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove BitTorrent 6.0.
8. After uninstalling BitTorrent 6.0, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of BitTorrent 6.0 that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing BitTorrent 6.0 using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall BitTorrent 6.0 by BitTorrent, Inc from your PC, nor are we saying that BitTorrent 6.0 by BitTorrent, Inc is not a good application. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall BitTorrent 6.0 supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-18 12:53:48.367