This page contains complete information on how to uninstall Audacity 2.0.6 for Windows. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall Audacity 2.0.6 from your computerAudacity Team
. More data about Audacity Team can be found here
. More details about the app Audacity 2.0.6 can be seen at http://audacity.sourceforge.net
. Usually the Audacity 2.0.6 program is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity folder, depending on the user's option during setup. You can remove Audacity 2.0.6 by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\unins000.exe. Note that you might be prompted for admin rights. audacity.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 7.74 MB (8119808 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of Audacity 2.0.6. They take about 9.16 MB (9604297
bytes) on disk.
- audacity.exe (7.74 MB)
- unins000.exe (1.42 MB)
The current page applies to Audacity 2.0.6 version 2.0.6
If you are manually uninstalling Audacity 2.0.6 we recommend you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories left on disk:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove Audacity 2.0.6:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\ca@valencia\Audacity.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\pt\Audacity.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\pt\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\wxstd\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\zh\Audacity.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\zh\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Nyquist\bug.lsp
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\wxbase28u_net_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\wxbase28u_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\wxmsw28u_adv_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\wxmsw28u_html_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Audacity\AW Sermon.xml
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Audacity\KOK Sermon.xml
Open regedit.exe to delete the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Lame For Audacity
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe.FriendlyAppName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\State\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-519309452-671021825-2850202731-1000\\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\unins000.exe
Audacity 2.0.6 is a program by Audacity Team. Some computer users try to remove this program. This is hard because removing this by hand requires some knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best QUICK approach to remove Audacity 2.0.6 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase Audacity 2.0.6 from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find Audacity 2.0.6 or simply click the Search feature and type in "Audacity 2.0.6". If it is installed on your PC the Audacity 2.0.6 application will be found automatically. When you click Audacity 2.0.6 in the list , the following information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding Audacity 2.0.6, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Audacity 2.0.6:
- The software company is: http://audacity.sourceforge.net
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\unins000.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Audacity 2.0.6.
8. After removing Audacity 2.0.6, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Audacity 2.0.6 which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Audacity 2.0.6 using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Audacity 2.0.6 by Audacity Team from your computer, we are not saying that Audacity 2.0.6 by Audacity Team is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Audacity 2.0.6 supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-18 19:50:57.967