AOL Desktop is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to remove it from your computer. It is developed by A way to uninstall AOL Desktop from your systemAOL
. More info about AOL can be found here
. AOL Desktop is normally set up in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\AOLDesktop folder, depending on the user's choice. The entire uninstall command line for AOL Desktop is C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\AOLDesktop\Update.exe --uninstall. The application's main executable file is called Update.exe and its approximative size is 1.46 MB (1534888 bytes).
The following executables are contained in AOL Desktop. They take 3.25 MB (3409144
bytes) on disk.
- Update.exe (1.46 MB)
- AolDesktop.exe (1.52 MB)
- AolTrayApp.exe (262.41 KB)
- CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe (10.50 KB)
The current web page applies to AOL Desktop version 11.0.422
alone. You can find below info on other releases of AOL Desktop:
...click to view all...
AOL Desktop is a program by the software company AOL. Sometimes, computer users want to uninstall this application. This can be troublesome because removing this manually requires some knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. The best QUICK approach to uninstall AOL Desktop is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to remove AOL Desktop from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate AOL Desktop or simply click the Search field and type in "AOL Desktop". If it is installed on your PC the AOL Desktop application will be found very quickly. After you select AOL Desktop in the list , the following data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding AOL Desktop, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall AOL Desktop.
8. After removing AOL Desktop, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong AOL Desktop that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing AOL Desktop using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall AOL Desktop by AOL from your PC, nor are we saying that AOL Desktop by AOL is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall AOL Desktop in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-07-24 19:56:45.863