hosts is a Windows application. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall hosts from your PCAlex
. Additional info about Alex can be read here
. The application is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts folder. Take into account that this location can differ being determined by the user's decision. C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\Uninstall.exe /fromcontrolpanel=1 is the full command line if you want to remove hosts. The program's main executable file occupies 446.86 KB (457584 bytes) on disk and is labeled Uninstall.exe.
The following executable files are contained in hosts. They occupy 446.86 KB (457584
bytes) on disk.
- Uninstall.exe (446.86 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 184.108.40.206
Some files, folders and registry data will not be uninstalled when you are trying to remove hosts from your PC.Directories left on disk:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall hosts:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts
Registry that is not uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\background.html
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\hosts.ico
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\hosts-bg.exe.quarantine
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\hosts-bho.dll.quarantine
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\hosts-buttonutil.dll.quarantine
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\hosts-buttonutil.exe.quarantine
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\hosts-buttonutil64.dll.quarantine
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\hosts-buttonutil64.exe.quarantine
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\hosts-codedownloader.exe.quarantine
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\hosts-helper.exe.quarantine
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\Installer.log
- C:\Program Files (x86)\hosts\Uninstall.exe.quarantine
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\Windows Presentation Foundation\Hosting\Hosts
hosts is a program offered by Alex. Sometimes, computer users choose to uninstall it. Sometimes this is hard because performing this manually requires some knowledge related to PCs. The best EASY solution to uninstall hosts is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall hosts from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find hosts or simply activate the Search feature and type in "hosts". The hosts app will be found automatically. After you click hosts in the list of programs, some data regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding hosts, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall hosts.
8. After removing hosts, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of hosts which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling hosts using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall hosts by Alex from your computer, nor are we saying that hosts by Alex is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall hosts in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-02 06:45:40.220