You can find below detailed information on how to remove Windows Sidebar for Windows. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall Windows Sidebar from your computerMicrosoft Corporation
. Open here
where you can get more info on Microsoft Corporation. Click on http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/sidebargadgets.mspx
to get more details about Windows Sidebar on Microsoft Corporation's website. The program is often found in the C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar directory. Keep in mind that this path can vary being determined by the user's choice. The full command line for removing Windows Sidebar is C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\uninst.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for admin rights. Windows Sidebar's main file takes about 1.17 MB (1231360 bytes) and is named sidebar.exe.
The following executables are installed beside Windows Sidebar. They occupy about 1.67 MB (1749723
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- regsvr32.exe (11.50 KB)
- sidebar.exe (1.17 MB)
- uninst.exe (137.41 KB)
- hibernate.exe (96.00 KB)
- standby.exe (96.00 KB)
- command.exe (21.00 KB)
- mc-wol.exe (5.50 KB)
- POP3Gadget.exe (36.00 KB)
- CenerTCPMessenger.exe (66.80 KB)
The current web page applies to Windows Sidebar version 6.0.6001.16510
alone. You can find here a few links to other Windows Sidebar versions:
...click to view all...
Windows Sidebar has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Directories left on disk:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall Windows Sidebar:
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Desktop\WPI\Install\Programs\Windows Sidebar
Generally the following registry data will not be cleaned:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All UserNames\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\sidebar.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Desktop\Windows_Sidebar_Startup.au3
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Desktop\WPI\Install\Programs\Windows Sidebar\Windows_Sidebar_Installer.exe
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Desktop\WPI\Install\Programs\Windows Sidebar\Windows_Sidebar_Startup.exe
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following registry values:
- HKEY_CURRENT_UserName\Software\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar
Windows Sidebar is an application released by the software company Microsoft Corporation. Sometimes, people want to remove this program. Sometimes this can be difficult because doing this manually requires some know-how regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK manner to remove Windows Sidebar is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase Windows Sidebar from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Windows Sidebar or simply click the Search feature and type in "Windows Sidebar". If it is installed on your PC the Windows Sidebar app will be found very quickly. After you click Windows Sidebar in the list , the following data regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Windows Sidebar, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Windows Sidebar:
- The publisher is: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/sidebargadgets.mspx
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\uninst.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Windows Sidebar.
8. After uninstalling Windows Sidebar, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Windows Sidebar which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Windows Sidebar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Windows Sidebar by Microsoft Corporation from your computer, we are not saying that Windows Sidebar by Microsoft Corporation is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove Windows Sidebar supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-21 15:47:12.800