Windows Media Player 10
You can find on this page details on how to remove Windows Media Player 10 for Windows. Usually the Windows Media Player 10 application is found in the C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player folder, depending on the user's option during setup. wmplayer.exe is the programs's main file and it takes close to 72.00 KB (73728 bytes) on disk. A guide to uninstall Windows Media Player 10 from your PC
Windows Media Player 10 is composed of the following executables which occupy 3.54 MB (3709471
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- migrate.exe (968.00 KB)
- mplayer2.exe (4.53 KB)
- setup_wm.exe (800.00 KB)
- wmlaunch.exe (120.00 KB)
- wmpenc.exe (28.00 KB)
- wmplayer.exe (72.00 KB)
- wmsetsdk.exe (1.59 MB)
This data is about Windows Media Player 10 version 10
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall Windows Media Player 10.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Windows Media Player 10:
Check for and remove the following files from your disk when you uninstall Windows Media Player 10:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Media Player Classic
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Media Player Classic
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Media Player Classic\Media Player Classic.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Media Player Classic\default.mpcpl
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Media Player Classic.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows Media Player.lnk
Additional values that you should remove:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Media\Windows Media Player
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gabest\Media Player Classic
Frequently, computer users try to remove it. This is hard because doing this by hand takes some knowledge regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY practice to remove Windows Media Player 10 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall Windows Media Player 10 from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on your PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find Windows Media Player 10 or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Windows Media Player 10". If it is installed on your PC the Windows Media Player 10 app will be found automatically. After you select Windows Media Player 10 in the list of apps, some information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Windows Media Player 10, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Windows Media Player 10.
8. After uninstalling Windows Media Player 10, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Windows Media Player 10 which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Windows Media Player 10 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
Last update on: 2015-01-16 14:05:35.130