This web page contains complete information on how to remove Winamp for Windows. It was coded for Windows by A way to uninstall Winamp from your PCNullsoft, Inc
. More information on Nullsoft, Inc can be found here
. You can read more about about Winamp at http://www.winamp.com/
. Winamp is commonly set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp folder, regulated by the user's option. You can remove Winamp by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\UninstWA.exe. Note that you might get a notification for administrator rights. winamp.exe is the Winamp's primary executable file and it occupies around 2.22 MB (2326624 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of Winamp. They take an average of 2.92 MB (3065703
bytes) on disk.
- Elevator.exe (90.59 KB)
- UninstWA.exe (349.57 KB)
- winamp.exe (2.22 MB)
- winampa.exe (83.59 KB)
- reporter.exe (198.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 5.666
of Winamp. For other Winamp versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are regularly left behind when you uninstall Winamp.Generally, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\visualization.milkdrop\presets\Winamp-presets(436).zip
- C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\skins\winamp2.xml
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Winamp.lnk
Open regedit.exe to delete the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\interface/x-winamp3-skin
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\interface/x-winamp-lang
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\interface/x-winamp-skin
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe
Winamp is an application released by Nullsoft, Inc. Some people choose to erase this program. Sometimes this can be troublesome because doing this manually requires some know-how related to Windows program uninstallation. The best QUICK practice to erase Winamp is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete Winamp with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find Winamp or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Winamp". If it is installed on your PC the Winamp application will be found very quickly. When you select Winamp in the list , some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding Winamp, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Winamp:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.winamp.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\UninstWA.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Winamp.
8. After removing Winamp, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Winamp which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Winamp using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove Winamp by Nullsoft, Inc from your computer, we are not saying that Winamp by Nullsoft, Inc is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove Winamp supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:09:28.903