You can find on this page details on how to remove Winamp for Windows. It is produced by How to uninstall Winamp from your systemNullsoft, Inc
. You can find out more on Nullsoft, Inc or check for application updates here
. You can read more about about Winamp at http://www.winamp.com/
. Winamp is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp directory, but this location may differ a lot depending on the user's decision while installing the application. The full uninstall command line for Winamp is C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\UninstWA.exe. The program's main executable file is titled winamp.exe and it has a size of 2.22 MB (2325600 bytes).
The executable files below are part of Winamp. They occupy about 2.99 MB (3132284
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- Elevator.exe (90.59 KB)
- uninstall_shoutcast-source-dsp-v2.exe (66.14 KB)
- UninstWA.exe (349.45 KB)
- winamp.exe (2.22 MB)
- winampa.exe (83.59 KB)
- reporter.exe (198.00 KB)
The current page applies to Winamp version 5.66
only. For other Winamp versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are frequently left behind when you remove Winamp.Directories that were left behind:
The files below remain on your disk by Winamp's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Winamp
Usually the following registry keys will not be removed:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Winamp\Uninstall Winamp.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Winamp\What's New.lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Winamp\Winamp (Safe Mode).lnk
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Winamp\Winamp.lnk
Additional registry values that you should clean:
Winamp is an application offered by Nullsoft, Inc. Sometimes, computer users want to erase this program. This is efortful because doing this manually takes some experience related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY way to erase Winamp is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to uninstall Winamp from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general tool to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Winamp or simply activate the Search field and type in "Winamp". The Winamp app will be found very quickly. After you select Winamp in the list of applications, some information regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding Winamp, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Winamp:
- The software company is: http://www.winamp.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\UninstWA.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Winamp.
8. After uninstalling Winamp, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong Winamp which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Winamp with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Winamp by Nullsoft, Inc from your PC, nor are we saying that Winamp by Nullsoft, Inc is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Winamp supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 22:30:47.297