This info is about WinZip for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall WinZip from your computerWinZip Computing LP
. More information on WinZip Computing LP can be found here
. Detailed information about WinZip can be seen at HTTP://www.winzip.com/wzgate.cgi?lang=EN&url=www.winzip.com
. The program is frequently installed in the C:\PROGRA~2\WINZIP folder. Keep in mind that this location can differ depending on the user's preference. WinZip's full uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE. WINZIP32.EXE is the WinZip's primary executable file and it occupies circa 3.96 MB (4157440 bytes) on disk.
WinZip is comprised of the following executables which take 5.33 MB (5587968
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- WINZIP32.EXE (3.96 MB)
- WZMSG.EXE (101.00 KB)
- WZQKPICK.EXE (380.00 KB)
- WZSEPE32.EXE (396.00 KB)
- WZSESS32.EXE (272.00 KB)
- WZSRVR32.EXE (248.00 KB)
This data is about WinZip version 11.07313
only. Click on the links below for other WinZip versions:
...click to view all...
If planning to uninstall WinZip you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders remaining:The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove WinZip:
- C:\Program Files\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE
- C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZSHLSTB.DLL
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\WinZip 11.0 Build7313.lnk
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nico Mak Computing\WinZip
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinZip Computing
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Nico Mak Computing\WinZip
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZSRVR32.EXE.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZSRVR32.EXE.FriendlyAppName
WinZip is a program by WinZip Computing LP. Some users try to erase this application. Sometimes this is troublesome because doing this by hand requires some experience related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK procedure to erase WinZip is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall WinZip from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate WinZip or simply activate the Search feature and type in "WinZip". The WinZip program will be found automatically. Notice that after you select WinZip in the list of programs, some data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding WinZip, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for WinZip:
- The software company is: HTTP://www.winzip.com/wzgate.cgi?lang=EN&url=www.winzip.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall WinZip.
8. After uninstalling WinZip, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong WinZip that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling WinZip with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall WinZip by WinZip Computing LP from your PC, nor are we saying that WinZip by WinZip Computing LP is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall WinZip supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 22:18:15.483