You can find below details on how to uninstall WinZip for Windows. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall WinZip from your computerWinZip Computing, Inc.
. Go over here
where you can read more on WinZip Computing, Inc.. You can get more details about WinZip at http://www.winzip.com
. Usually the WinZip application is to be found in the C:\PROGRA~2\WINZIP directory, depending on the user's option during setup. The complete uninstall command line for WinZip is C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE. WINZIP32.EXE is the programs's main file and it takes around 2.69 MB (2822144 bytes) on disk.
WinZip installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 3.11 MB (3260416
bytes) on disk.
- WINZIP32.EXE (2.69 MB)
- WZQKPICK.EXE (116.00 KB)
- WZSEPE32.EXE (312.00 KB)
The current web page applies to WinZip version 9.016224
only. For other WinZip versions please click below:
...click to view all...
When you're planning to uninstall WinZip you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders that were left behind:
Usually, the following files remain on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\EXAMPLE.ZIP
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\FILE_ID.DIZ
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\LICENSE.TXT
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\ORDER.TXT
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\README.TXT
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\VENDOR.TXT
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WHATSNEW.TXT
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WINZIP.CHM
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WINZIP.TXT
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZ.COM
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZ.PIF
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZ32.DLL
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZCAB.DLL
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZCAB3.DLL
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZINST.CHM
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZPOPUP.HLP
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZQKSTRT.RTF
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZSEPE32.EXE
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZSHLEX1.DLL
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZSHLSTB.DLL
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZTUTOR.HLP
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZVINFO.DLL
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZWIZARD.CHM
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WZZPMAIL.DLL
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional registry values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nico Mak Computing\WinZip
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinZip Computing
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Nico Mak Computing\WinZip
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\PROGRA~2\WINZIP\winzip32.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\PROGRA~2\WINZIP\winzip32.exe.FriendlyAppName
WinZip is an application offered by WinZip Computing, Inc.. Frequently, people try to erase this application. Sometimes this can be troublesome because performing this by hand takes some knowledge regarding PCs. One of the best QUICK manner to erase WinZip is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase WinZip from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find WinZip or simply activate the Search feature and type in "WinZip". The WinZip program will be found automatically. Notice that when you select WinZip in the list of programs, some data about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about WinZip, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for WinZip:
- The software company is: http://www.winzip.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\WinZip\WINZIP32.EXE
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall WinZip.
8. After removing WinZip, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong WinZip which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing WinZip using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall WinZip by WinZip Computing, Inc. from your computer, nor are we saying that WinZip by WinZip Computing, Inc. is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall WinZip in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 21:12:31.373