This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall WinSCP 5.1.7 for Windows. It is produced by A way to uninstall WinSCP 5.1.7 from your PCMartin Prikryl
. You can find out more on Martin Prikryl or check for application updates here
. Please follow http://winscp.net/
if you want to read more on WinSCP 5.1.7 on Martin Prikryl's web page. The application is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files\WinSCP directory. Keep in mind that this path can differ being determined by the user's choice. You can remove WinSCP 5.1.7 by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\WinSCP\unins000.exe. Note that you might get a notification for administrator rights. WinSCP 5.1.7's primary file takes around 8.79 MB (9212248 bytes) and its name is WinSCP.exe.
The executables below are part of WinSCP 5.1.7. They take about 10.21 MB (10704600
bytes) on disk.
- unins000.exe (1.11 MB)
- WinSCP.exe (8.79 MB)
- pageant.exe (144.00 KB)
- puttygen.exe (180.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 5.1.7
of WinSCP 5.1.7.
When planning to uninstall WinSCP 5.1.7 you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories that were found:
The files below remain on your disk when you remove WinSCP 5.1.7:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\DragExt64.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\licence.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\license.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\PuTTY\LICENCE
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\PuTTY\pageant.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\PuTTY\putty.hlp
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\PuTTY\puttygen.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\unins000.dat
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\unins000.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\unins000.msg
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.com
- C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\CocCoc\Browser\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_winscp.net_0.localstorage
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\WinSCP (for upload).lnk
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe
WinSCP 5.1.7 is an application marketed by the software company Martin Prikryl. Sometimes, people want to remove this program. This is troublesome because removing this by hand requires some know-how regarding Windows program uninstallation. The best QUICK approach to remove WinSCP 5.1.7 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase WinSCP 5.1.7 with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find WinSCP 5.1.7 or simply activate the Search feature and type in "WinSCP 5.1.7". If it is installed on your PC the WinSCP 5.1.7 app will be found very quickly. When you select WinSCP 5.1.7 in the list , some information about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about WinSCP 5.1.7, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for WinSCP 5.1.7:
- The web site of the application is: http://winscp.net/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\WinSCP\unins000.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall WinSCP 5.1.7.
8. After uninstalling WinSCP 5.1.7, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of WinSCP 5.1.7 that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing WinSCP 5.1.7 using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall WinSCP 5.1.7 by Martin Prikryl from your PC, nor are we saying that WinSCP 5.1.7 by Martin Prikryl is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall WinSCP 5.1.7 in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:09:22.573