WinRAR archiver is a Windows program. Read more about how to remove it from your PC. It is written by How to uninstall WinRAR archiver from your PCwin.rar GmbH
. Additional info about win.rar GmbH can be found here
. Usually the WinRAR archiver program is found in the C:\Program Files\WinRAR directory, depending on the user's option during install. You can remove WinRAR archiver by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\WinRAR\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for administrator rights. WinRAR archiver's primary file takes around 623.50 KB (638464 bytes) and is called WinRAR.exe.
WinRAR archiver is composed of the following executables which take 1.07 MB (1126400
bytes) on disk:
- Rar.exe (230.50 KB)
- Uninstall.exe (78.00 KB)
- UnRAR.exe (168.00 KB)
- WinRAR.exe (623.50 KB)
The current web page applies to WinRAR archiver version 5.00.0
only. Click on the links below for other WinRAR archiver versions:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Some of these are shown below.Folders that were found:
The files below remain on your disk by WinRAR archiver when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files\WinRAR
- C:\Program Files\WinRAR\Default Temp.SFX
- C:\Program Files\WinRAR\Formats\xz.fmt
- C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rarreg.key
- C:\Program Files\WinRAR\Uninstall.exe
WinRAR archiver is a program by win.rar GmbH. Sometimes, users want to remove this application. This is hard because removing this by hand requires some skill related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best SIMPLE manner to remove WinRAR archiver is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall WinRAR archiver from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find WinRAR archiver or simply activate the Search field and type in "WinRAR archiver". If it is installed on your PC the WinRAR archiver application will be found automatically. Notice that when you click WinRAR archiver in the list , the following data regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding WinRAR archiver, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall WinRAR archiver.
8. After removing WinRAR archiver, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of WinRAR archiver that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling WinRAR archiver using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall WinRAR archiver by win.rar GmbH from your computer, nor are we saying that WinRAR archiver by win.rar GmbH is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall WinRAR archiver supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 08:13:15.987