WinRAR archiver is a software application. This page holds details on how to remove it from your PC. The application is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files\WinRAR folder (same installation drive as Windows). The program's main executable file occupies 895.50 KB (916992 bytes) on disk and is called WinRAR.exe. A guide to uninstall WinRAR archiver from your PC
WinRAR archiver installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 1.50 MB (1574400
bytes) on disk.
- Rar.exe (307.00 KB)
- RarExtLoader.exe (43.00 KB)
- Uninstall.exe (96.00 KB)
- UnRAR.exe (196.00 KB)
- WinRAR.exe (895.50 KB)
Some files and registry entries are usually left behind when you remove WinRAR archiver.Directories found on disk:
The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove WinRAR archiver:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR
Registry that is not uninstalled:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR\Console RAR manual.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR\What is new in the latest version.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR\WinRAR help.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WinRAR\WinRAR.lnk
Open regedit.exe to remove the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WinRAR archiver
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
Frequently, computer users want to remove this program. Sometimes this can be efortful because uninstalling this by hand takes some experience regarding removing Windows programs manually. The best EASY practice to remove WinRAR archiver is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove WinRAR archiver from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows system.
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find WinRAR archiver or simply click the Search feature and type in "WinRAR archiver". If it exists on your system the WinRAR archiver application will be found automatically. Notice that after you select WinRAR archiver in the list of apps, some information about the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have about WinRAR archiver, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall WinRAR archiver.
8. After removing WinRAR archiver, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong WinRAR archiver that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling WinRAR archiver with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
Last update on: 2015-01-16 14:05:35.130