WinRAR is a Windows program. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. The program is usually installed in the C:\Program Files\WinRAR directory (same installation drive as Windows). WinRAR.exe is the WinRAR's main executable file and it takes circa 946.00 KB (968704 bytes) on disk. How to uninstall WinRAR from your computer
WinRAR installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 1.57 MB (1641472
bytes) on disk.
- Rar.exe (315.50 KB)
- RarExtLoader.exe (43.00 KB)
- Uninstall.exe (98.50 KB)
- UnRAR.exe (200.00 KB)
- WinRAR.exe (946.00 KB)
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Some of these are listed below.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall WinRAR:
The files below are left behind on your disk by WinRAR when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Seagate\BackupScripts\winrar_3.xml
Open regedit.exe to remove the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinRAR SFX
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe.FriendlyAppName
Some users choose to erase it. Sometimes this can be troublesome because removing this manually takes some knowledge related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY manner to erase WinRAR is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete WinRAR from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to clean your PC.
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find WinRAR or simply activate the Search field and type in "WinRAR". If it exists on your system the WinRAR app will be found automatically. Notice that when you select WinRAR in the list of apps, some data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding WinRAR, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall WinRAR.
8. After removing WinRAR, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong WinRAR which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling WinRAR using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
Last update on: 2015-01-16 14:05:35.130