Wacom is a Windows program. Read below about how to remove it from your PC. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall Wacom from your computerWacom Technology Corp.
. More info about Wacom Technology Corp. can be seen here
. More details about Wacom can be found at http://www.wacom.com/
. Wacom is usually installed in the C:\Program Files\Tablet\Pen\32 directory, subject to the user's option. The entire uninstall command line for Wacom is C:\Program Files\Tablet\Pen\32\Remove.exe /u. PrefUtil.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 1.75 MB (1839896 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of Wacom. They take an average of 3.34 MB (3501616
bytes) on disk.
- PrefUtil.exe (1.75 MB)
- Remove.exe (1.58 MB)
This page is about Wacom version 5.3.33
alone. You can find below info on other releases of Wacom:
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Some of these are shown below.Directories left on disk:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Presets\en_US\Brushes\Wacom 6D Brushes
Frequently the following registry keys will not be cleaned:
- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2017\Presets\en_US\Brushes\Wacom 6D Brushes\6d Art Pen Brushes.ai
Open regedit.exe to delete the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\wacom.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage\www.wacom.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\wacom.com
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children\001\Internet Explorer\EdpDomStorage\www.wacom.com
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Pen Tablet Driver
Wacom is an application released by Wacom Technology Corp.. Some people choose to erase it. This can be difficult because removing this by hand requires some skill related to removing Windows programs manually. The best SIMPLE manner to erase Wacom is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Wacom from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Wacom or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Wacom". If it is installed on your PC the Wacom program will be found very quickly. After you click Wacom in the list of applications, the following information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding Wacom, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Wacom:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.wacom.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Tablet\Pen\32\Remove.exe /u
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Wacom.
8. After uninstalling Wacom, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of Wacom that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Wacom with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Wacom by Wacom Technology Corp. from your PC, nor are we saying that Wacom by Wacom Technology Corp. is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Wacom supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 19:10:49.150