VirtualCloneDrive is a computer program. This page contains details on how to remove it from your computer. It is made by A guide to uninstall VirtualCloneDrive from your computerElaborate Bytes
. You can read more on Elaborate Bytes or check for application updates here
. Further information about VirtualCloneDrive can be found at http://www.elby.ch
. VirtualCloneDrive is frequently set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive directory, but this location may differ a lot depending on the user's choice while installing the application. C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcd-uninst.exe is the full command line if you want to remove VirtualCloneDrive. VCDPrefs.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 829.00 KB (848896 bytes) on disk.
VirtualCloneDrive is comprised of the following executables which take 1.31 MB (1372356
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- Daemon.exe (60.00 KB)
- DevCon.exe (130.00 KB)
- ElbyDVD.exe (68.00 KB)
- ExecuteWithUAC.exe (76.00 KB)
- HelpLauncher.exe (5.00 KB)
- vcd-uninst.exe (28.83 KB)
- VCDDaemon.exe (87.36 KB)
- VCDMount.exe (56.00 KB)
- VCDPrefs.exe (829.00 KB)
You can find below info on other releases of VirtualCloneDrive:
...click to view all...
Some files and registry entries are usually left behind when you uninstall VirtualCloneDrive.Folders left behind when you uninstall VirtualCloneDrive:
The files below are left behind on your disk when you remove VirtualCloneDrive:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\DevCon.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\ElbyVCDShell.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\ExecuteWithUAC.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\InstallHelp.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe
VirtualCloneDrive is a program offered by Elaborate Bytes. Sometimes, users want to remove this program. This is hard because uninstalling this manually takes some skill regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK approach to remove VirtualCloneDrive is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove VirtualCloneDrive from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on your PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate VirtualCloneDrive or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VirtualCloneDrive". If it is installed on your PC the VirtualCloneDrive program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select VirtualCloneDrive in the list of apps, some data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding VirtualCloneDrive, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VirtualCloneDrive:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.elby.ch
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcd-uninst.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall VirtualCloneDrive.
8. After uninstalling VirtualCloneDrive, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of VirtualCloneDrive which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VirtualCloneDrive using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VirtualCloneDrive by Elaborate Bytes from your computer, we are not saying that VirtualCloneDrive by Elaborate Bytes is not a good application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VirtualCloneDrive in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 19:56:29.853