This page is about VMware Workstation for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. It is made by A guide to uninstall VMware Workstation from your systemVMware, Inc.
. Open here
for more information on VMware, Inc.. The program's main executable file is titled vmware.exe and its approximative size is 1.89 MB (1982952 bytes).
VMware Workstation is composed of the following executables which occupy 108.20 MB (113458936
bytes) on disk:
...click to view all...
- 7za.exe (1.04 MB)
- drvInst64.exe (444.48 KB)
- mkisofs.exe (430.57 KB)
- openssl.exe (458.98 KB)
- vixDiskMountServer.exe (435.98 KB)
- vmnat.exe (391.48 KB)
- vmnetcfg.exe (2.11 MB)
- VMnetDHCP.exe (357.98 KB)
- vmplayer.exe (1.50 MB)
- vmrun.exe (466.98 KB)
- vmss2core.exe (896.98 KB)
- vmUpdateLauncher.exe (34.71 KB)
- vmware-authd.exe (97.48 KB)
- vmware-hostd.exe (11.87 MB)
- vmware-kvm.exe (655.48 KB)
- vmware-remotemks.exe (5.05 MB)
- vmware-shell-ext-thunker.exe (90.48 KB)
- vmware-tray.exe (109.48 KB)
- vmware-unity-helper.exe (197.98 KB)
- vmware-vdiskmanager.exe (1.30 MB)
- vmware.exe (1.89 MB)
- vnetlib.exe (914.98 KB)
- vnetlib64.exe (1.07 MB)
- vnetsniffer.exe (264.48 KB)
- vnetstats.exe (259.98 KB)
- vprintproxy.exe (26.48 KB)
- zip.exe (299.48 KB)
- ovftool.exe (6.71 MB)
- storePwd.exe (77.98 KB)
- VMwareToolsUpgrader.exe (594.48 KB)
- VMwareToolsUpgrader9x.exe (211.48 KB)
- VMwareToolsUpgraderNT.exe (211.48 KB)
- vmware-vmx-debug.exe (25.22 MB)
- vmware-vmx-stats.exe (22.72 MB)
- vmware-vmx.exe (19.97 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 12.5.8
of VMware Workstation. For other VMware Workstation versions please click below:
...click to view all...
After the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Part_A few of these are shown below.Files remaining:
Registry that is not cleaned:
Open regedit.exe to delete the registry values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VMware Workstation
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\VMware, Inc.\VMware Workstation
VMware Workstation is an application by VMware, Inc.. Sometimes, computer users decide to remove this program. Sometimes this is easier said than done because deleting this by hand requires some skill regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best QUICK solution to remove VMware Workstation is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase VMware Workstation from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find VMware Workstation or simply click the Search field and type in "VMware Workstation". If it exists on your system the VMware Workstation application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select VMware Workstation in the list of apps, the following information about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about VMware Workstation, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VMware Workstation.
8. After removing VMware Workstation, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VMware Workstation that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VMware Workstation with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall VMware Workstation by VMware, Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that VMware Workstation by VMware, Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VMware Workstation in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2017-11-18 23:03:05.087