VMware Workstation is a computer program. This page contains details on how to remove it from your PC. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall VMware Workstation from your PCVMware, Inc
. Further information on VMware, Inc can be found here
. Please follow http://www.vmware.com
if you want to read more on VMware Workstation on VMware, Inc's website. VMware Workstation is typically installed in the C:\\Program Files (x86)\\VMware\\VMware Workstation directory, but this location can vary a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the program. The full command line for removing VMware Workstation is C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware Workstation\Uninstaller\uninstall.exe -x. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for administrator rights. vmware.exe is the programs's main file and it takes around 2.61 MB (2738736 bytes) on disk.
VMware Workstation contains of the executables below. They take 92.06 MB (96534832
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- ace_upgrade.exe (2.69 MB)
- drvInst64.exe (440.05 KB)
- farexec-service.exe (582.55 KB)
- hqtray.exe (62.55 KB)
- mkisofs.exe (421.64 KB)
- unzip.exe (170.55 KB)
- vixDiskMountServer.exe (66.55 KB)
- vmnat.exe (386.55 KB)
- vmnetcfg.exe (6.77 MB)
- VMnetDHCP.exe (326.55 KB)
- vmplayer-service.exe (74.55 KB)
- vmplayer.exe (3.95 MB)
- vmrun.exe (426.55 KB)
- vmss2core.exe (490.55 KB)
- vmUpdateLauncher.exe (70.55 KB)
- vmware-acetool.exe (35.55 KB)
- vmware-authd.exe (110.55 KB)
- vmware-fullscreen.exe (2.82 MB)
- vmware-remotemks-debug.exe (2.10 MB)
- vmware-remotemks.exe (1.93 MB)
- vmware-tray.exe (126.55 KB)
- vmware-ufad.exe (186.55 KB)
- vmware-unity-helper.exe (154.55 KB)
- vmware-vdiskmanager.exe (970.55 KB)
- vmware.exe (2.61 MB)
- vnetlib.exe (686.55 KB)
- vnetlib64.exe (900.55 KB)
- vnetsniffer.exe (322.55 KB)
- vnetstats.exe (306.55 KB)
- vprintproxy.exe (9.00 KB)
- vssSnapVista64.exe (19.55 KB)
- zip.exe (138.55 KB)
- bulkDeploy.exe (21.55 KB)
- instmsiw.exe (2.47 MB)
- pkt_app.exe (1.53 MB)
- pkt_deploy.exe (330.55 KB)
- pkt_run.exe (386.55 KB)
- setup.exe (1.43 MB)
- bootrun.exe (178.55 KB)
- customize.exe (314.55 KB)
- deployPkg.exe (74.55 KB)
- guestcustutil.exe (486.55 KB)
- imgcust-reboot.exe (178.55 KB)
- imgCustFinalization.exe (322.55 KB)
- imgCustPrep.exe (29.05 KB)
- imgCustPrep64.exe (35.55 KB)
- loginblocker.exe (166.55 KB)
- VMwareToolsUpgrader.exe (474.55 KB)
- VMwareToolsUpgrader9x.exe (202.55 KB)
- VMwareToolsUpgraderNT.exe (202.55 KB)
- upgrader.exe (202.55 KB)
- vmware-vmx-debug.exe (19.48 MB)
- vmware-vmx-stats.exe (17.81 MB)
- vmware-vmx.exe (15.60 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 18.104.22.16863
of VMware Workstation. You can find below info on other application versions of VMware Workstation:
...click to view all...
VMware Workstation has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.The files below are left behind on your disk by VMware Workstation when you uninstall it:
Registry that is not uninstalled:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp\vmsetup.20150307181208.vmware workstation.msi.install.log
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\VMware, Inc.\Installer\VMware Workstation
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware Workstation
VMware Workstation is an application released by VMware, Inc. Sometimes, people want to remove it. This can be hard because uninstalling this manually requires some know-how regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK manner to remove VMware Workstation is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete VMware Workstation from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VMware Workstation or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VMware Workstation". If it exists on your system the VMware Workstation program will be found very quickly. When you click VMware Workstation in the list of apps, the following data regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding VMware Workstation, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VMware Workstation:
- The software company is: http://www.vmware.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware Workstation\Uninstaller\uninstall.exe -x
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VMware Workstation.
8. After removing VMware Workstation, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong VMware Workstation which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VMware Workstation with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall VMware Workstation by VMware, Inc from your computer, nor are we saying that VMware Workstation by VMware, Inc is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VMware Workstation supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2018-10-07 21:39:27.247