VLC media player
VLC media player is a computer program. This page holds details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is written by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Take a look here
where you can find out more on VideoLAN. Please follow http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player on VideoLAN's page. Usually the VLC media player application is found in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during setup. You can remove VLC media player by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that you might get a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file occupies 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) on disk and is labeled vlc.exe.
The executable files below are part of VLC media player. They occupy about 531.59 KB (544347
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (282.05 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.0201603180402
of VLC media player. You can find below info on other releases of VLC media player:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program released by VideoLAN. Some people try to erase this application. Sometimes this can be efortful because doing this by hand takes some know-how related to removing Windows applications by hand. The best EASY procedure to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase VLC media player from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player app will be found automatically. Notice that after you select VLC media player in the list of applications, some information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 23:35:21.090