VLC media player
This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall VLC media player for Windows. It was developed for Windows by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. You can read more on VideoLAN or check for application updates here
. You can read more about about VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC folder. Keep in mind that this path can differ depending on the user's choice. The entire uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file has a size of 124.02 KB (126995 bytes) on disk and is labeled vlc.exe.
VLC media player contains of the executables below. They occupy 504.80 KB (516919
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (268.77 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (112.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (124.02 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player version 2.1.5
alone. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
Many files, folders and Windows registry data will be left behind when you remove VLC media player from your computer.Folders left behind when you uninstall VLC media player:
The files below were left behind on your disk by VLC media player's application uninstaller when you removed it:
Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VLC media player
VLC media player is a program by VideoLAN. Sometimes, users choose to uninstall this program. Sometimes this can be difficult because uninstalling this by hand takes some knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. The best QUICK action to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player app will be found automatically. When you click VLC media player in the list of apps, some information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 19:46:03.777