VLC media player
This page is about VLC media player for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Take a look here
where you can read more on VideoLAN. You can see more info about VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. The application is often located in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder. Keep in mind that this location can differ being determined by the user's preference. C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall VLC media player. vlc.exe is the VLC media player's main executable file and it occupies approximately 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of VLC media player. They occupy an average of 491.24 KB (503030
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.70 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
This web page is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201412121425
only. You can find below info on other application versions of VLC media player:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program offered by VideoLAN. Frequently, computer users decide to uninstall it. Sometimes this is difficult because doing this by hand takes some know-how regarding removing Windows programs manually. The best EASY action to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to delete VLC media player with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player app will be found very quickly. When you select VLC media player in the list , the following information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2015-03-06 16:59:13.583