VLC media player 2.1.4
You can find on this page details on how to remove VLC media player 2.1.4 for Windows. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.4 from your PCVideoLAN
. Open here
for more information on VideoLAN. Please follow http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player 2.1.4 on VideoLAN's website. VLC media player 2.1.4 is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, but this location may differ a lot depending on the user's decision while installing the application. C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.4. vlc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 128.02 KB (131091 bytes) on disk.
VLC media player 2.1.4 installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 485.05 KB (496695
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (240.02 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (117.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (128.02 KB)
The current web page applies to VLC media player 2.1.4 version 2.1.4
VLC media player 2.1.4 has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Directories found on disk:
Usually, the following files remain on disk:
- C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\AUTHORS.txt
- C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\axvlc.dll
- C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\COPYING.txt
- C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\Documentation.url
Supplementary registry values that are not removed:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VLC media player
VLC media player 2.1.4 is an application released by VideoLAN. Sometimes, users try to uninstall it. This can be difficult because performing this by hand requires some skill regarding PCs. The best EASY approach to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.4 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.4 from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player 2.1.4 or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player 2.1.4". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player 2.1.4 program will be found very quickly. After you select VLC media player 2.1.4 in the list of applications, the following data about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about VLC media player 2.1.4, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player 2.1.4:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player 2.1.4.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player 2.1.4, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player 2.1.4 which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player 2.1.4 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player 2.1.4 by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player 2.1.4 by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player 2.1.4 in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 10:34:10.160