VLC media player 2.1.0
You can find below details on how to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.0 for Windows. The Windows release was developed by How to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.0 from your computerVideoLAN
. More data about VideoLAN can be found here
. You can read more about on VLC media player 2.1.0 at http://www.videolan.org/
. The application is frequently located in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder (same installation drive as Windows). You can uninstall VLC media player 2.1.0 by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might get a notification for administrator rights. The application's main executable file is named vlc.exe and it has a size of 123.50 KB (126464 bytes).
The following executables are contained in VLC media player 2.1.0. They occupy 453.38 KB (464262
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (218.38 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (111.50 KB)
- vlc.exe (123.50 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2.1.0
of VLC media player 2.1.0.
If you're planning to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.0 you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories that were left behind:
Many times the following registry keys will not be cleaned:
Additional values that you should clean:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\D:\Nieuwe map\VLC\vlc.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\D:\Nieuwe map\VLC\vlc.exe.FriendlyAppName
VLC media player 2.1.0 is a program by VideoLAN. Frequently, computer users try to uninstall it. This can be troublesome because deleting this by hand requires some skill regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY way to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.0 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase VLC media player 2.1.0 from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VLC media player 2.1.0 or simply click the Search feature and type in "VLC media player 2.1.0". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player 2.1.0 app will be found automatically. After you click VLC media player 2.1.0 in the list , some data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player 2.1.0, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player 2.1.0:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall VLC media player 2.1.0.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player 2.1.0, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player 2.1.0 that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player 2.1.0 using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.0 by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player 2.1.0 by VideoLAN is not a good application. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player 2.1.0 in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 21:45:59.970