VLC media player 2.0.8
This page is about VLC media player 2.0.8 for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.8 from your systemVideoLAN
. Additional info about VideoLAN can be found here
. More data about the software VLC media player 2.0.8 can be found at http://www.videolan.org/
. The program is usually installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC directory (same installation drive as Windows). The full command line for uninstalling VLC media player 2.0.8 is C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for admin rights. vlc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes close to 121.50 KB (124416 bytes) on disk.
VLC media player 2.0.8 is comprised of the following executables which take 452.20 KB (463052
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (219.20 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (111.50 KB)
- vlc.exe (121.50 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2.0.8
of VLC media player 2.0.8.
When you're planning to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.8 you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Usually the following registry keys will not be removed:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VLC media player
VLC media player 2.0.8 is an application released by VideoLAN. Some people choose to remove this program. Sometimes this is troublesome because deleting this manually requires some advanced knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. The best EASY manner to remove VLC media player 2.0.8 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.8 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find VLC media player 2.0.8 or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player 2.0.8". The VLC media player 2.0.8 app will be found automatically. Notice that when you click VLC media player 2.0.8 in the list of programs, some data about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about VLC media player 2.0.8, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player 2.0.8:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VLC media player 2.0.8.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player 2.0.8, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player 2.0.8 which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player 2.0.8 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.8 by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player 2.0.8 by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.8 supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 21:46:07.073