VLC media player 2.0.6
This web page contains detailed information on how to remove VLC media player 2.0.6 for Windows. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.6 from your computerVideoLAN
. More information on VideoLAN can be found here
. More details about the application VLC media player 2.0.6 can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. Usually the VLC media player 2.0.6 application is found in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during install. You can remove VLC media player 2.0.6 by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for admin rights. vlc.exe is the VLC media player 2.0.6's primary executable file and it occupies around 121.50 KB (124416 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of VLC media player 2.0.6. They occupy about 452.18 KB (463036
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (219.18 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (111.50 KB)
- vlc.exe (121.50 KB)
This info is about VLC media player 2.0.6 version 2.0.6
Many files, folders and Windows registry data can not be removed when you are trying to remove VLC media player 2.0.6 from your computer.Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following registry values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VLC media player
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe.FriendlyAppName
VLC media player 2.0.6 is a program marketed by VideoLAN. Sometimes, users decide to remove this application. This is efortful because uninstalling this manually requires some skill related to removing Windows applications by hand. The best SIMPLE manner to remove VLC media player 2.0.6 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.6 from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player 2.0.6 or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player 2.0.6". If it exists on your system the VLC media player 2.0.6 app will be found very quickly. After you click VLC media player 2.0.6 in the list of applications, the following information regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player 2.0.6, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player 2.0.6:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player 2.0.6.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player 2.0.6, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player 2.0.6 which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player 2.0.6 using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.6 by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player 2.0.6 by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.6 in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 03:38:55.947