VLC media player 2.0.2
VLC media player 2.0.2 is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is made by How to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.2 from your PCVideoLAN
. More info about VideoLAN can be read here
. Please follow http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player 2.0.2 on VideoLAN's page. VLC media player 2.0.2 is usually set up in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, regulated by the user's option. The full command line for uninstalling VLC media player 2.0.2 is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for admin rights. VLC media player 2.0.2's primary file takes around 125.50 KB (128512 bytes) and its name is vlc.exe.
VLC media player 2.0.2 installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 447.89 KB (458635
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (207.39 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (115.00 KB)
- vlc.exe (125.50 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player 2.0.2 version 2.0.2
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the PC. Some of these are shown below.Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VLC media player
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe.FriendlyAppName
VLC media player 2.0.2 is an application by the software company VideoLAN. Sometimes, people try to uninstall this application. Sometimes this can be hard because removing this manually takes some experience regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK practice to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.2 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.2 with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to take care of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player 2.0.2 or simply click the Search feature and type in "VLC media player 2.0.2". The VLC media player 2.0.2 program will be found automatically. When you click VLC media player 2.0.2 in the list of apps, some data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player 2.0.2, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player 2.0.2:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VLC media player 2.0.2.
8. After removing VLC media player 2.0.2, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player 2.0.2 which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player 2.0.2 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player 2.0.2 by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player 2.0.2 by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player 2.0.2 supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 23:17:55.683