VLC media player 2.0.0
You can find below detailed information on how to remove VLC media player 2.0.0 for Windows. It was developed for Windows by How to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.0 from your systemVideoLAN
. Further information on VideoLAN can be seen here
. Please open http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player 2.0.0 on VideoLAN's website. VLC media player 2.0.0 is typically set up in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, however this location can vary a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the application. The full uninstall command line for VLC media player 2.0.0 is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. vlc.exe is the VLC media player 2.0.0's primary executable file and it takes close to 106.00 KB (108544 bytes) on disk.
VLC media player 2.0.0 contains of the executables below. They occupy 390.87 KB (400248
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (180.37 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (104.50 KB)
- vlc.exe (106.00 KB)
The current web page applies to VLC media player 2.0.0 version 2.0.0
If you are manually uninstalling VLC media player 2.0.0 we recommend you to check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the keys below:
Open regedit.exe to delete the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VLC media player
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe.FriendlyAppName
VLC media player 2.0.0 is an application by the software company VideoLAN. Some computer users decide to erase it. This can be hard because performing this by hand requires some experience related to removing Windows programs manually. The best QUICK practice to erase VLC media player 2.0.0 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.0 from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player 2.0.0 or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player 2.0.0". The VLC media player 2.0.0 application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select VLC media player 2.0.0 in the list of programs, the following information about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about VLC media player 2.0.0, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player 2.0.0:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VLC media player 2.0.0.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player 2.0.0, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player 2.0.0 that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player 2.0.0 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.0 by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player 2.0.0 by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player 2.0.0 supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:06:30.000