VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows program. Read more about how to remove it from your PC. It is produced by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. More information about VideoLAN can be found here
. Further information about VLC media player can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. The application is usually located in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory. Keep in mind that this location can differ depending on the user's preference. The complete uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The application's main executable file occupies 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) on disk and is named vlc.exe.
The executable files below are part of VLC media player. They occupy an average of 531.59 KB (544349
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (282.05 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
The current web page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201602280402
only. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program released by VideoLAN. Some users try to erase this program. This is troublesome because doing this manually requires some experience related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK manner to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove VLC media player from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click VLC media player in the list of programs, the following data regarding the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-07-04 10:21:14.877