VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows application. Read more about how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. More info about VideoLAN can be found here
. Click on http://www.videolan.org/
to get more data about VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. Usually the VLC media player program is installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during setup. The entire uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The application's main executable file has a size of 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk and is called vlc.exe.
The following executables are installed along with VLC media player. They occupy about 491.16 KB (502944
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.62 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
This info is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201502270003
alone. For other VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program released by VideoLAN. Sometimes, people try to remove this program. This can be difficult because deleting this by hand takes some know-how regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE action to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove VLC media player from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player application will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click VLC media player in the list of applications, the following information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-08-07 02:58:44.480