TrueCrypt is a software application. This page holds details on how to remove it from your PC. It is developed by How to uninstall TrueCrypt from your PCTrueCrypt Foundation
. Go over here
where you can get more info on TrueCrypt Foundation. Further information about TrueCrypt can be seen at http://www.truecrypt.org/
. Usually the TrueCrypt application is found in the C:\Program Files\TrueCrypt directory, depending on the user's option during setup. The full uninstall command line for TrueCrypt is C:\Program Files\TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt Setup.exe. TrueCrypt.exe is the TrueCrypt's primary executable file and it occupies about 1.43 MB (1496528 bytes) on disk.
TrueCrypt is comprised of the following executables which take 6.27 MB (6576136
bytes) on disk:
- TrueCrypt Format.exe (1.52 MB)
- TrueCrypt Setup.exe (3.33 MB)
- TrueCrypt.exe (1.43 MB)
The current page applies to TrueCrypt version 7.0
alone. For more TrueCrypt versions please click below:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves leftovers on the computer. Some of these are listed below.Folders remaining:
The files below remain on your disk when you remove TrueCrypt:
Many times the following registry data will not be removed:
Supplementary values that are not cleaned:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\TrueCrypt Format.exe
TrueCrypt is a program marketed by the software company TrueCrypt Foundation. Some users want to uninstall this application. This is efortful because uninstalling this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK action to uninstall TrueCrypt is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall TrueCrypt from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find TrueCrypt or simply click the Search field and type in "TrueCrypt". If it exists on your system the TrueCrypt application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select TrueCrypt in the list of applications, some data about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about TrueCrypt, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for TrueCrypt:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.truecrypt.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt Setup.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall TrueCrypt.
8. After removing TrueCrypt, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of TrueCrypt that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing TrueCrypt using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall TrueCrypt by TrueCrypt Foundation from your PC, we are not saying that TrueCrypt by TrueCrypt Foundation is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall TrueCrypt supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 05:54:36.867