You can find below detailed information on how to remove Surfing Protection for Windows. It is written by A guide to uninstall Surfing Protection from your PCIObit
. Further information on IObit can be seen here
. You can get more details related to Surfing Protection at http://www.iobit.com/
. Usually the Surfing Protection program is to be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Surfing Protection directory, depending on the user's option during install. C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Surfing Protection\unins000.exe is the full command line if you want to remove Surfing Protection. PluginInstall.exe is the Surfing Protection's primary executable file and it occupies about 1.37 MB (1440032 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed alongside Surfing Protection. They occupy about 5.69 MB (5962144
bytes) on disk.
- FFPluginCleaner.exe (927.28 KB)
- PluginInstall.exe (1.37 MB)
- SPUpdate.exe (1.30 MB)
- unins000.exe (1.14 MB)
- SPNativeMessage.exe (986.28 KB)
The current page applies to Surfing Protection version 1.2
alone. You can find below info on other versions of Surfing Protection:
If planning to uninstall Surfing Protection you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Use regedit.exe to manually remove from the Windows Registry the data below:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\IObit Surfing Protection_is1
Surfing Protection is a program released by IObit. Sometimes, computer users choose to erase this application. Sometimes this can be difficult because removing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY solution to erase Surfing Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove Surfing Protection from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Surfing Protection or simply click the Search field and type in "Surfing Protection". If it is installed on your PC the Surfing Protection program will be found very quickly. When you click Surfing Protection in the list of apps, the following information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding Surfing Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Surfing Protection:
- The software company is: http://www.iobit.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Surfing Protection\unins000.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove Surfing Protection.
8. After uninstalling Surfing Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Surfing Protection which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Surfing Protection with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Surfing Protection by IObit from your PC, nor are we saying that Surfing Protection by IObit is not a good application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove Surfing Protection in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:07:21.867