You can find below detailed information on how to remove Surfing Protection for Windows. It is written by A way to uninstall Surfing Protection from your systemIObit
. Further information on IObit can be seen here
. You can get more details related to Surfing Protection at http://www.iobit.com/
. Usually the Surfing Protection program is to be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Surfing Protection directory, depending on the user's option during install. C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Surfing Protection\unins000.exe is the full command line if you want to remove Surfing Protection. PluginInstall.exe is the Surfing Protection's primary executable file and it occupies about 1.37 MB (1440032 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed alongside Surfing Protection. They occupy about 5.69 MB (5962144
bytes) on disk.
- FFPluginCleaner.exe (927.28 KB)
- PluginInstall.exe (1.37 MB)
- SPUpdate.exe (1.30 MB)
- unins000.exe (1.14 MB)
- SPNativeMessage.exe (986.28 KB)
The current page applies to Surfing Protection version 1.2
alone. You can find below info on other versions of Surfing Protection:
If planning to uninstall Surfing Protection you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Surfing Protection:
The files below are left behind on your disk by Surfing Protection's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection
Registry that is not removed:
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Adblock\db\WhiteList.txt
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\ASCPlugin_Protection.dll
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\email@example.com\chrome.manifest
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\firstname.lastname@example.org\chrome\content\ascsurfingprotection.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\email@example.com\chrome\content\imagemgr.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\firstname.lastname@example.org\chrome\content\languagemgr.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\email@example.com\chrome\content\protectpage.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\firstname.lastname@example.org\chrome\content\searchresultmgr.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\email@example.com\chrome\content\urlbaricon.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\ASCUrlScanner.dll
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\bbmegnmpleoagolcnjnejdacakedpcgd\2.0.0_0\Plugin\background.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\bbmegnmpleoagolcnjnejdacakedpcgd\2.0.0_0\Plugin\Ex.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\bbmegnmpleoagolcnjnejdacakedpcgd\2.0.0_0\Plugin\popup.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\bbmegnmpleoagolcnjnejdacakedpcgd\2.0.0_0\Plugin\SPNativeMessage.exe
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\bbmegnmpleoagolcnjnejdacakedpcgd\2.0.0_0\Plugin\tips.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\bbmegnmpleoagolcnjnejdacakedpcgd\2.0.0_0\Plugin\warning.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\script.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\BrowerProtect\SPAD_script.js
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Database\ASCSpecialUrl.db
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Database\base_safe_browse_0227
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Database\base_safe_browse_0422_tmp
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Database\base_safe_browse_1128
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Database\base_upt_add
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Database\spupdate.utp
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\DownErrorConfig.txt
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\Extensions.plist
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\FFPluginCleaner.exe
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\PluginInstall.exe
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\SPUpdate.exe
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\sqlite3.dll
- C:\Program Files\IObit\Surfing Protection\unins000.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\IObit Surfing Protection_is1
Surfing Protection is an application released by IObit. Some people want to remove this program. This is difficult because uninstalling this by hand requires some experience related to removing Windows programs manually. The best SIMPLE procedure to remove Surfing Protection is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete Surfing Protection from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate Surfing Protection or simply click the Search feature and type in "Surfing Protection". If it is installed on your PC the Surfing Protection app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select Surfing Protection in the list of programs, some data regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding Surfing Protection, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Surfing Protection:
- The software company is: http://www.iobit.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Surfing Protection\unins000.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove Surfing Protection.
8. After uninstalling Surfing Protection, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Surfing Protection which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Surfing Protection using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove Surfing Protection by IObit from your computer, we are not saying that Surfing Protection by IObit is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove Surfing Protection supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 20:07:21.867