You can find on this page detailed information on how to remove SteelSeries Engine for Windows. It is made by A way to uninstall SteelSeries Engine from your computerSteelSeries
. More information about SteelSeries can be found here
. You can see more info about SteelSeries Engine at http://www.steelseries.com
. SteelSeries Engine is usually installed in the C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine folder, but this location can differ a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. The complete uninstall command line for SteelSeries Engine is C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine\uninst.exe. SteelSeriesEngine.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 244.00 KB (249856 bytes) on disk.
The following executable files are contained in SteelSeries Engine. They take 4.40 MB (4615013
bytes) on disk.
- SSEFix.exe (3.87 MB)
- SteelSeriesClientDBUpdater.exe (149.50 KB)
- SteelSeriesEngine.exe (244.00 KB)
- uninst.exe (147.69 KB)
The current page applies to SteelSeries Engine version 2.8.419.40251
only. You can find here a few links to other SteelSeries Engine releases:
...click to view all...
SteelSeries Engine has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders remaining:
The files below remain on your disk when you remove SteelSeries Engine:
- C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine
- C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine\CODMousePlugin.dll
- C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine\CSGOMousePlugin.dll
- C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine\CustomWPFColorPicker.dll
- C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine\D3HeadsetPlugin.dll
Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SteelSeries Engine
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine
SteelSeries Engine is a program released by SteelSeries. Frequently, users decide to uninstall it. Sometimes this is difficult because deleting this manually takes some advanced knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK practice to uninstall SteelSeries Engine is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to uninstall SteelSeries Engine from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate SteelSeries Engine or simply click the Search feature and type in "SteelSeries Engine". If it is installed on your PC the SteelSeries Engine program will be found very quickly. When you click SteelSeries Engine in the list of applications, some data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding SteelSeries Engine, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for SteelSeries Engine:
- The publisher is: http://www.steelseries.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\SteelSeries\SteelSeries Engine\uninst.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove SteelSeries Engine.
8. After uninstalling SteelSeries Engine, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of SteelSeries Engine that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing SteelSeries Engine with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove SteelSeries Engine by SteelSeries from your PC, we are not saying that SteelSeries Engine by SteelSeries is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove SteelSeries Engine supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-20 19:44:51.850